Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fragile Lives

Life is fragile.
We all hear it said when someone close to us departs this life.

I wonder why it takes a death for us to look at our lives, taking them less for granted for a while, at least.


Life flies on gossamer wings...

Death is no respecter of person's, it is no respecter of age, it is no respecter of plans...

I received the phone call yesterday morning that has a way of dropping the bottom out for a while...
My oldest brother was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer in mid-October 2010. He passed peacefully away, surrounded by his family Sunday night.

I stand in a line that is shortening.
Both my parents have died causing the line to shorten to their children. And that line is shortening now...
"It is only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth-and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up-that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the only one we had."    Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

I plan to do just that. To live each day, the today's and tomorrows, as if they were my last. I hope to grab life by the horns and make some wonderfully delicious memories...

Meet my amazing brother here.

No comments:

Post a Comment