Monday, November 1, 2010

Look Up

The November sky's have been amazing!

Have you taken the time to look up lately?

I love looking up. It's another one of those weird things I like to do.

I haven't always been a look upper kind of gal.
Thinking back I don't remember when it happened that I stopped looking up all the time, it was such a gradual thing, but somehow I began spending more time looking at the ground right in front of me, so I wouldn't trip and fall or something equally mortifying.

A few years ago when I first started walking a few miles most every day, and looking up, it wasn't all that easy for me. I would drift all over the place, but I kept practicing and before long I regained the ability to walk, talk, breath, and look up. Sometimes I even throw in chewing gum.

Because what I saw there was so worth the effort it took to lift my chin, leave my fears of stumbling, apologize to anyone brave enough to walk with me for always running into them, and see the beauties God is constantly changing, on the off chance we look up, so we'll see him there.

I wonder, how can we not?!







"Autumn is the eternal corrective.
It is ripeness and color and a time of maturity;
 but it is also breadth, and depth, and distance.
What man can stand with autumn on a hilltop
and fail to see the span of his world
and the meaning of the rolling hills
that reach to the far horizon?"
                                                                                            - Hal Borland





Smile and remember;
We're fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.
Japanese Proverb

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to look up. I have always been a "looker downer" also. Now I am a "looker every which way to make sure kids are not getting ran over by cars-er". I do enjoy the times when I get to look up though. AmAZinG pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete