Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Was Young...Once

I grew up in the 1960's and 1970's.
I remember my oldest brother going away to war. Vietnam.
I always thought my 2 older sister's were Hippie's. It was the long hair, headband's, go-go boots and checkered sunglasses.
I listened to stuff like   Surfaris  Whipeout
My grand daughter's listen to stuff like, "Ain't no rest for the wicked" by Cage the Elephant and most anything Green Day, the war they are growing up with is called "Desert Storm"...

Yesterday, when I was young, things were a lot different from what they are now...I think it was an easier time than now...Some things have  remained the same for me though...I was a dreamer then and I still am, I believed in magic and I still do...I embrace it as being the Yin, Earth Pig, Pisces that I was born as, not so much the water :)

                            I am the same age in this picture...   


As they each are this year...



It's weird, to think that I'm old enough to have grandchildren, who are approaching the age I still think of myself as...
Until I look in the mirror...and some old lady is there.

Some of my Grandson's will be passing me in height sometime later this week...

I am so blessed that they are all in my life!

Smile and remember;
We're fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment