Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Random Thoughts From A Random Thinker

As I was tooleein' down the road the other day I passed this tree, for the to manyeth times to count in my life time, so far.
I have been wanting to get a picture of it for a long time, and I almost blew past it again.
Only luckily I remembered this time.
Isn't it groovy?
Every time we pass it I tell Honey, "You know, that tree is just like me." To which he replies with a cheeky grin, "Whys that? Both a little gray around the edges?"  Shaking my, more gray than not hair while looking over the top of my glasses, I tell him the real why, "Nope. It's cause we're both out standing in our own fields."
Your right, he thinks the same thing you do.

But back to the tree...I think I got the picture of it on the perfect day, It looks like it's feeling chipper, don't you think?




Now this pumpkin, was just sitting by the side of the road, peacefully minding it's own business. All the textures around it...it didn't fall out of anything, it was set by a gate with a couple of other's, welcoming folk's to a road side, honor pay, pumpkin stand. They are the only ones left now, and a couple of really big bails of hay with $1.00 spray painted on them in red.
It made me think of homemade pumpkin pie.
I'm usually good for one piece a year of it smothered in whip cream.
It's getting close to that time of year. 



I love the smell of burning leaves.
Its a 'take you back in time' smell. Grampa out leaning on his rake, watching the fire. Dad standing next to him talking with him.
It's a laid back, gentler time, smell to me.
But I don't care for the smell of camp fires...go figure.



There are few things better than m&m's for a tea party of water, laying on the floor reading book's and giggeling.
And that's the truthhhh! 


Can't you just about smell the crispness in the air?
Feel the crunch of the leaves under your feet?
Streets should look like this longer I think.
Oh! Oh!
And apples or bread or a pumpkin pie should be baking in every neighborhood on day's like this.
Mmm, yes. 




So, I have to admit that this year I have been wearing colors like this all the time. But not the real yellow, yellow, because it makes me look like I have a bad case of jaundice, but the deeper gooolden yellow's...
I could wear brown pants, red shirt and a deep gooolden yellow scarf all year long, and be happy as a kid in a candy store.
But it's not to cool to look like a tree in Fall all year, so I don't.
Makes it all the more fun now, don't you think?


Its the end of the day.

Day light savings time is kickin' my butt once again, only until I get used to it. But then, I never really do.  So I guess what I'd better do is...

Smile and remember;
We're fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.
Japanese Proverb

1 comment:

  1. The honor system? I want to live in a place where they use the honor system... it sounds nice. Your pictures do look like fall should- lovely! (It's finally winter here though!)

    ReplyDelete