Thursday, November 11, 2010

More November Rambelings

The other night I had to go out to the store, it was after dark.
So it was like 7:00 p.m.

I went, I shopped, I came back to the car, and it was even more dark, I parked under a street light, next to a tree and this is what I saw when I came out...Sort of made it ok coming out in the cold and dark .


We got our first really cold and rainy day earlier this week.
Snow was finally down to the valley floor on this side of the mountains.

It cleared off  toward evening, at about 5:00p.m. I looked out the window to see this;




I ran for the camera, skidded out in my sock's to 'get it' before it was gone, I am so glad I did! 

When I came in my feet were pretty cold.

No more running out barefoot or in stocking feet-my Mom would have had a fit if she saw me do that. Honey, a.k.a. 'Poppy', shakes his head, gives me mean eye's (ok, mean for him), then tells me, 'Yur gonna catch a cold if you go doin that ya know.'

I would have a fit if I saw my kids, or Grand kids, running out on a cold day in stocking feet!

But since I'm the 'Grammy' now, I do it some times, usually because there isn't anyone here to tell 'Poppy' on me.

I pulled out the yarn to make myself some new slippers. I love this pattern I ordered last year   Oma House Slippers !

         ********

Tiny Dancer picked out her own coat today,  'Purcur an Poko-docs', she likes it so much she wore it a few hours while she played games with Poppy.  
They were having so much fun.
Hide-an-Seek was her favorite today, she laughed so hard she had 'pip-ups'.

All these things, along with so many, many, more, are things I am thankful for.

Smile and remember;
We're fool's weather we dance or not. So we might as well dance.
Japanese Proverb 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures! I go out in my bare feet all the time. I am such a bad example! In fact, today when I was taking Adalyn to school, we went outside to get in the car and I noticed I had forgotten to get Connor's shoes on- oops! And I LOVE those slippers! I am a huge fan of crocheted slippers...

    ReplyDelete