Sunday, October 2, 2011

Glad That Is Done...

You know I realize that there is Spring cleaning to be done after being shut up in the house all Winter, however, I really am not fond of the Fall cleaning bug that has bitten me this year.
Ok, it has bitten me harder this year than in years past.
Typically when it bites, it is to take care of things in the yard. Not the house.
We merged families earlier this year, maybe that has something to do with it?


I have been planning to get some things done, I thought I would have gotten them done long before now. But now didn't come until this past week end...
But first-Bottling waits for no man, woman, or child...



Salsa was a group project.
It goes much better when you have a group.
We each took an ingredient and went to work, the combined efforts turned out tasty!



I was on peach detail. I enjoy doing peaches.

I was tired at the end of the bottling marathon, so I postponed the cleaning project I have been procrastinating for a very, very long time, for just one more day.
Saturday rolled around, reluctantly I forced myself to face the dread pile of craft, that lay wait in the basement...  

Honestly, I do not know how I let it get in this condition. It embarrasses me to show you. Maybe it will prompt me to not let it gain a life of its own in the future.
A girl can dream can't she?

Ok. Brace yourselves...

I have been collecting things for a while. Every one with good intentions of completed projects. Unfortunately, few have come to fruition. But that doesn't stop me from hanging on to every single thing...


The crafting table my good friend, Yvonne, gave me years ago is hidden under layers of...

Fabric.

First off you know you have to make a bigger mess to clean the old one up right?
I laboriously dismantled the offending mountain... separating things into stacks. Then sorting through each stack and separating yet again. This time into junk it, donate it, and store in in new tubs, stacks. Once that was done I put the tubs- that I love- back into an island with walking space around it so everything is accessible.


Funny how things folded and put away take up so much less space.
Truth be told I didn't really get rid of a lot of stuff...I just arranged it in a manner that I can now find things in.
(I would also be very happy to receive any Levi quilt ideas you may want to share as I seem to have collected quit a few to turn into quilts).



And looky-looky!! The table!!!


I unearthed long forgotten projects that included but are not limited too...
Balls of torn sheets, rolled and ready to crochet into rugs...

The one that made me laugh the most was the little bag of...
Poopy Duck's I started in probably 1990 or before... 

It was a good week end.
It was a productive week end.
It is a week end I can say that I am glad that is done...

1 comment:

  1. Bravo Missy! I need to tackle a similar project and you've given me some motivation to continue! And your canning project... YUMMY!!! LOL re the little poopie ducks :-)

    ReplyDelete