Friday, September 3, 2010

My Momma...

My Momma danced the "Jitter Bug" and did impromptu impersonations...
Had the prettiest pair of red high heel's,
with a bright blue pair the same...

Music of some sort playing almost as constant as the ticking of the kitchen clock...


My Momma kept a spotless house, full of seven children, some parakeets and often a turtle or three...was a baker of cookies and mender of wounds...
pinned a bell to my red sweater to not lose track of me...

Our Turquoise Christmas stocking's hanging between Poinsettia spray's down the banister for years, were all of her designs...
Idea's from a magazine, then tweaked to be just right.
My Momma painted the front of the boy's dresser with a horse scene that would rival any master piece, doll cradles lined in satin, not forgetting that clothes were sewn for all of us...
heaven knows when she had the time!

Geranium's lined her window sill's. 
And that silly sage brush "Toilet Tree",
 she liked so much that she made two!
My Momma could make her own picture's, and frames, complete with matts of thistledown, that shimmered when the light was right..
Then later, poster board covered in satin, and always they were backed with Christmas wrap...

My Momma could alway's, french braid hair so tight it took three day's, or more, to be able to blink...

My Mommas ceramic's had no equal, she loved everything from Bonsai, to Japanese Bunka Embroidery, Colonial and Delft Blue Dutch...Old World Santa's and tea cups...her really fast Camero to her pokie little green Comet station wagon...

My Momma was a doer of hard things, a very brave girl indeed!

She's been gone for over 5 years now, and missed every single day...
I can't count the time's I wish I could call, to share some bit of new's,  a joke, or just to talk...
 asking one more time for a share of her wisdom with flower's, cooking or kids...

My Momma fit only her own mold...
and encouraged me to do the same...
Thank You Momma

Happy Birth Day
Sept. 5, 1919

Smile and remember;
We're fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment