Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Apple Scrapple

First off, let me tell you I am not what I would call a great chief.
Far from it. But, I do make a few things that involve large quantities of sugar, and have been told that they are "The Shizz!" (in teenage talk, I think that means really good).

And what with all these peaches, peaches and more peaches, what's a Grammy to do?!

I made Apple Scrapple.

My Mom used to make it for us when we were kids, and I've managed to get a few people over the years hooked on it too...

Apple Scrapple 

Mix together: 1 Cup Flour         3/4 cup Sugar
                 1 tsp Baking Powder   3/4 tsp Salt
Cut in 1 Egg mixing in until it is fine.
Peel, Cut and place 2-4 cooking apples in a casserole dish.
Put crust mix over the top of the apples.
Pour over all 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil then sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Serve in milk.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.


First mix the dry ingredients then cut in the egg:



Next, I cheat and use the slinky maker and peel, core and slice the apples. And then I cut them to bite size chunks into the baking dish. (I used Granny Smith's but I hear Johnathon's are the best):

Last you top it all with the oil, cinnamon and nutmeg. Then quickly place it in the oven to bake.

Then when the house fills with the mouth watering aroma of baking apples and cinnamon, and Honey's start asking when it's going to be done...the timer goes off and Viola! It's done. then you try to take a fast picture of it before it's gone, sizzling onto bowl's.

Then you pour the milk over it and it sizzles some more...

I'm a little weird I know, I like to let mine cool enough it doesn't burn my tongue. And it is good the next morning for breakfast. that is if there is any left.

Smile and remember;
We're fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment