Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Day Off...from my o.c.d.

I didn't make my bed today.
Ok...I straightened it up before I left the room.
And it's barely even buggin me...

My light switches are not all lined up.
The shoes by the front door are not paired, but piled.
And it's barely even buggin me...

My apron is on the back of a chair, not folded in the drawer.
The pancake mix is still sitting out.
The pantry door not shut tight.
And it's barely even buggin me...

The clean dishes aren't put away,
the dirty ones not stacked or washed.
Dinner isn't planned.
Floors not swept or vacuumed.
And its barely even buggin me...

I'm taking a day off...
from my self diagnosed O.C.D. tendencies.
Doing what we want all day.
And it's barely even buggin me...



All right, truth be told,
after the playing and fun stuff is done.
Before I can go to sleep.
 It will need to be caught up.

Because really...

It has been buggin me...

Smile and remember;
We're fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment