Thursday, August 12, 2010

When Enough Is Enough

I'm not very patient.
My composure repeatedly falls apart.
My peace of mind gets interupted.
My inner tranquility is often a thing of naught.

I know that may come as a bit of a shock to some.
But, sadly, tis true.

I can be all those things
IF
I can see the desired results of life coming on the whistling wings of hummingbirds...

Photography by John Fonnesbeck

If not...well I tend to get frusterated easily.

There are just some day's that nothing about, or around me, appears to be enough...
Not... 
fast enough, good enough, long enough, sweet enough, quite enough, serine enough, clean enough, thin enough, rich enough, composed enough...
Just not...
Anything enough...
And I'd really rather throw my hands up and cry.

Some day's I wish it could all be easy peasy...

Or do I?

I need to be reminded every now and again,
that if things were to come
when, and how, I want them to?
Well, lets  just say that might not be the best thing all the way around.

What I'm learning is...
 that on the day's when I feel like I am enough,
all those other little things don't seem to intrude quite so harshly into my wading pool of composure.

On these day's, 
When my enough is enough,
sitting on the patio with Honey,
 watching hummingbirds rush around,
is the perfect catalyst to my serenity.

 

Smile and remember;
We'ree fool's wheter we dance or not. So we might as well dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment