Monday, August 16, 2010

Magical Garden's

In your real world are you always on the run? To busy from sun up to sundown?  To many places to go and people to see?

My real world is usually pretty full of meals needing to be planned, shopped for, cooked and cleaned up after. Laundry piles that are getting smaller as we get older, but are still there every Monday morning. Beds need changing, floors vacuumed and mopped. windows long neglected.
I have errands to run, play dates to find, fat cat's thinking they may not survive another minute, because they can see the bottom of their bowl....
Well you know how it goes, you have exactly the same things in your life, only a little bit different.

A few year's ago I started feeling like I had been missing out on a lot of things, because of all the real life things I had been living. As Dale Carnegie described " (I was) looking for some magical rose garden over the horizon instead of enjoying the roses blooming outside (my) windows."

I had forgotten to look at the things that were bringing me pleasure, that day...the magical garden I already had... 

One of my first pictures; Missy Fonnesbeck

I got a little blue notebook with an extra package of paper to fit, and started that night to write the things that bring me joy. 
At the top of the page I wrote;

      Simple Pleasures
  • clothes on the line.
  • the smell of cookies baking.
  • the laughter of my children playing.
  • Honey's smile.
  • corn dog's and pears for lunch.
  • Hummingbirds at our feeder
  • Etc.
Some day's I would add only one or two things, other's I would fill pages. I repeated some things because they bring me pleasure often...

I also wrote the important things I was learning;

 I Learned That...
   ...weeding the garden together, isn't really work.
   ...a smile is the easiest thing to share.
   ...old friends can pick up where they left off, even when there are years between visits.


I stopped doing the little book a while back, because, well, I thought I was getting to busy...

The time has come, to dust the little book off, sharpen the pencil once again, and invite you to keep track of the real life magical garden's that are ours today...


Smile and remember;
We're fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment