Friday, February 25, 2011

New Thought's

I liked to draw when I was younger.
I knew I wasn't great. But I thought I was ok. Someone I respected told me I wasn't and I was young enough I believed that.
But I can take a pretty darn good picture with my bag o camera's. I can do hand work and keep my hands employed most times.

Recently I decided it was time to challenge some of the old memories that I play in my head. I have taken some time to pick up a pencil to doodle...I tried my hand at water color...it wasn't good. I'll leave that to Tiny Dancer. Then a friend of mine brought a canvas over and said "lets paint!". I wasn't sure what to paint...but I gave it a shot.
Her encouragement boosted my self esteem a little...enough that a determined little seed was planted in my head. 
Smack Dab in the middle of the old thought that had taken up residence so long ago. Burrowing in like a tick infestation, deep into my belief system...and I dared to...talk my daughter into trying with me.

She is amazing!!

I am...happy with my efforts. Enough that I'm still going :) With the goal of finishing this week end...fur sur!



Then I shall add, "Art-teast extraordinare" to my calling card.


For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?
                      James Allen "As A Man Thinketh"

Dream lofty dreams, and as you dream, so you shall become. Your vision is the promise of what you shall one day be; your ideal is the prophecy of what you shall at last unveil.       James Allen "As A Man Thinketh"


"Cherish your visions; cherish your ideals; cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow delightful conditions, all heavenly environment; of these if you but remain true to them, your world will at last be built."
                                       -- James Allen, Author of "As a Man Thinketh"

No comments:

Post a Comment