Monday, October 25, 2010

You Can Do It!

I watched a vine climbing through the fence from the neighbor's yard, however I never took the time to actually go look at it.
The thing was right there.
 I could see it from the window or the patio and think to myself, I would go see what it is next time I'm out in the garden. I would go about my business, forgetting all about it.
Then one day I looked out the window and noticed the vine was turning a beautiful deep red color. It was time to grab my camera and make torturous walk, ten extra steps from our garden, to see what this thing was.


Concord grapes. Smaller than tiny.
How sad.
If only they could have gotten more water, they might have been big enough to do something with.


Being the deep thinker I have become. (A phenomena that has arisen in my life over the past 6 or 7 years-boggling my otherwise carefree brain).
Sad forgotten grape vine. What would I learn from it?

This morning I was near trounced by this, very deep, and somewhat profound thought.
The vine is like ideas and wishes I have periodically entertained in my life.

Huh?! Pretty deep don't you think?

I remember my free thinking, inner child has always been evident in who I am, so it isn't a real big stretch to remember some-such whims and fancies.

It hit me on the head, that lately it's only me, myself and I, really  holding me back from reaching for old dreams and dreaming new ones.

Whhhell now! Time to change that don't you think?

So I bought a digital camera, got loaded up on editing programs, and have been learning to do portraiture and art photography. Someone needs to be the next Cecil Beeton.

I can do that!

Someone needs to write the next book series to edge out Harry Potter  and Edward Cullin!
Join a writing club.
Maybe a Fred Astaire or Ginger Roger's-take a ballroom dancing class.

What I'm saying is this:



Smile and remember;
We're fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.
Japanise proverb

No comments:

Post a Comment