Monday, October 4, 2010

Almost Ready

Yesterday was a little on the hot side. Went to bed and left the windows all open.
Woke up this morning to Fall in full blow, complete with  rain storms.

I wish I could make up my mind as fast as the weather changed!

We have been getting ready for it though, by mowing the lawn, weeding the garden's and gathering some of the flower seeds for next Spring. Getting the sprinklers ready to be shut off.

Winterizing the camper, making sure the hoses are in good enough shape to keep one more year, and getting them ready to tuck away. Taking down the humming bird feeders, because they have been gone for a while now.

Moving the push mower back and bring the snow blower closer to the front of the garage. Cleaning out the basement window wells.

I think the part that tells me Honey is serious about getting things ready to put to bed for the Winter, is when he tucks his dutch oven's  in the out of the way, safe from the salt and water spot, he keeps reserved for them.


He uses the big one, that was his Dad's, the most.
He makes sure they are all cleaned and seasoned and leaves a paper towel in each one to help protect form moisture inside.
He doesn't like to have to reclaim them from rust if he can help it.

So, let the leaves change, the winds blow, and the rain's come until they change to snow...because we are almost ready, and if it stays warm a little longer? We are ok with that too.

Smile and remember;
We're fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.
Japanese Proverb

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know that about the paper towel. I will have to try that with mine. SOMEDAY I will use it a lot more. I am still learning :0)

    ReplyDelete