Friday, May 21, 2010

Perspective

 they say it's in the eye of the beholder...

I spend a lot of time looking out of window's
and through camera lens',
sometimes I'm sure of what I'm looking at
other times I'm not so sure...

So when I was on a recent *walk about*
I tried to see different things in the things I'd seen for years.
Or, I guess, I would more rightly say that I looked differently at those places and things.

I happened past the old carriage house and as the stories I had heard and read tumbled through my mind, I did indeed *see* the ancient structure from a different perspective than ever before...
Sadly, people walk past usually with out a second glance in their hurry the block to where her sister stands...But this day I sought out the strength of the forgotten...

I saw the beautiful colors of the granite from our surrounding mountains
heard the songs of the bird's that now call it home.
Looked at the shades of the weathered boards covering the windows
And realized for the first time that although this structure has been in my life for many years
I had never brought with me the perspective I did that day...


I guess it's good to change our perspective once in a while...
To see what is really there, or is it?

If I hadn't I would have never have seen what the carriage house had to show me that day.


Take the chance to change your perspective.

Smile and remember;
We're fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment