Friday, May 14, 2010

Lesson's From Mom

I have been thinking about my Mom's shoes.
I know-weird right?!

I don't ever remember my mom going barefoot.
We used to try to get her to take off her shoes, because she could wade in the irrigation water or squish through the mud...all sorts of fun stuff like that.

But, Momma always wore shoes.

Her Mom uniform consisted of a dress, apron of some sort and shoes.

I love going barefoot.
I love wading in irrigation water.
But I don't really care for the mud part anymore...

I don't often wear a dress for everyday, but I'm not opposed to them,
and I only use apron's that I collect like a child collects bugs, 
if I remember.
Then I started noticing a few weeks ago that I have started wearing my shoes all day...


You know what?! My Mom had something there.
She was ready to be indoors or out at a moments notice.
She could go from house work to kid chasing in the blink of an eye.

Yep.
My Mom wore her shoes.

Just one more thing I understand about her and realize yet again-
the older I get the smarter she was!

Smile and remember;
We're all fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment