Thursday, November 12, 2009

Dish Water Reflections

Some days we tend to be more reflective than others...
Wax nostalgic~as it were..
Cloudy days when I'm tired often do that for me.
Today being such a day.
*Sigh*
So, while Tiny Dancer and I were swimming in dish water this morning,
looking out the window watching for the predicted snow storms arrival
with the anticipation of a 50 and two year old.
We talked about things like;
what it was like washing dishes with my Mom and Sisters,
her Mommy, Uncles and Gramp.
How my Dad would save the silverware for last~
And how it really is best not to get your hair in the dirty water.
As we saw leaves blowing across lawns, and down curbs I got to thinking about a couple of pictures I took this last Fall.
I happened upon them last night when I was working on some pictures for my daughter's family...
This first one reminds me of my childhood days playing on the park across the street from the home I grew up in~
I was blessed with a wonderful childhood.
It also reminds me of how life is like the changing of the seasons.
(I think I'm basking in the early day of an"Indian Summer" of my life).




I hate to admit that I had forgotten about this next picture.
To tell the truth,
when I saw it last night I was a little surprised and impressed that I had done it.
This one reminds me of the women in my life.
They are many,
of all ages.
They are both living and not.
Women are a lot like this picture...
And on cloudy, nostalgic day's we need to remember
that we too, have a special beauty...
if, we look past the battered edges.

Smile and Remember;
We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment