Sunday, March 21, 2010

Random Thoughts...

Just thought I'd share a few things I have been 'chewing on' lately...

I'm thinking about the way things used to be made.
Like children's toy's. By hand and to their size and every bit as beautiful as the grown up versions.
Kids didn't need a lot of toy's-and the ones they did have were useful, imagination run, and kept us intertained for hours, some times day's, and if we were careful with them we may still have them.
Just thinking about my old rocking chair...
It was everything from a dog sled to the window of Rapunzel. I learned to rock my baby doll's there and it was even the place I sat waiting for my Dad to get home the day I colored a house on the front of ours-
The little cupboard that Grampa Ben made that survived all of us kids and many of our Grand children now as well...Toys were made well and wonderful teaching/learning tool's...
That's all I have to say about hat.

Spring time...And daylight saving time...
Love one hate the other.
I struggle more each time it changes!
I am tired and cranky-for at least 1-2 week's because I have to get up an hour earlier! My brain really doesn't care that the clock say's it's 5a.m. while my body is protesting, snuggeling deeper under the quilts and wanting to scream that it is only 4 a.m.!!!
In the Spring time if you want to know what the weather is...
Just look out the window...
And if you don't like it?
Just wait 10 minutes and it will have changed.
Ok, that's off my chest...

Next up...
Honey!!
I've alway's liked honey. But now that I know more about it, I love honey.
(Both the Honey Bee kind and my Honey Husband kind)
If you haven't looked into all that honey can do, please check out this site...
Last year is the first time I have ever bought honey straight from the beekeeper and may I just tell you-I have never had better honey in my life!
I try to have a table spoon every morning and I can tell when I have forgotten for a few day's...
Plus! It will never go bad!
It might get solid, yes.
But to soften it up, just get a candle warmer and set your jar there and let it heat up gently. It used to be we would throw it into a boiling pot of water-but that heats it up to much and takes away some of the important properties of it...
Trust me-try the candle warmer-

Neeext!

I think I should have been consulted on some of the actor's for the "Twilight" movies...
I think they did ok with "Jacob", but I think they were way off on "Edward"
That's what I'm saying...

 I think this guy should have been cast as 'Edward".
I mean look at that jawline!!!
Those eyes!!
And yes. I have a picture of the "walk away".

I'm jut saying they should have asked me about it first...

It would have turned "Edward" from ~Nyeehha...
To Mr. Darcy walking through the misty morning...

Ok, I'm done now...

Smile and remember;
We're fool's wether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment