Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Scenic Route

When we would get loaded into the car to go most any place my Dad would ask if we wanted to take "The Scenic Route". We always clamoured for the scenic route~other wise we would just drive straight to our destination. And where I ask you is the fun in that?!
Needless to say every time we were given the choice it was the scenic route...
As one of the results I have watched for-or thought about this particular water fall every year for as long as I can remember.
It only runs in the Spring, from the snow melt run off. There is a general time of year, but no known time or day it will start to run. Or for that matter when it will stop.
It has caused flooding that has moved headstones from a nearby cemetery, stopped school from being held and traffic from crossing its path, it has also barely trickled.
It's sound is wonderful and even the air around it is cooler because of the spray.
Far above it if you look close and fast, you can see the "upper falls" that feed it.
This part being man made-I'm convinced it was built shortly after land was invented-I mean even my Grandpa remembered it from when he was a little boy!!!

The high way runs past it, but with the free way having been built when I was a teen-ager, it takes most of the traffic down past the Bay and so, sadly, many of the people never even know it's there.

Had they taken the scenic route they could have enjoyed this...












I would encourage you to take the Scenic Route as often as you can...
Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it!







No comments:

Post a Comment