Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Waking up the clothes line...

I have been longingly looking at my clothes line in the back yard all winter~

I have been thinking also that when I was little I remember gathering frozen clothes off the lines. They were so fun to get, because the ice would crack when you would fold them in half...then when they would thaw out mom or one of the older girls would iron them.

I could never really figure out why we would freeze dry the clothes in winter, but have to run out and gather them in during the summer if it started to rain?

I haven't hung anything out to be "freeze dried", but I did take out my first load of sheets yesterday!!!

Honey saw them out there and he remembers their clothes line as a child too~he said when he and his brothers got a little older and thought they needed pants dried faster than the line or "clothes horse" were capable of, they would use the oven to dry them~ He does recall a pair or two that got singed before he got the hang of it...







We LOVE the smell of clothes dried on the lines!
It's the smell of sunshine, breezes and childhood memories...
And yes, the cat's were right there helping me. I'm still not sure why cats don't think clothes can be properly hung without their help~but I like their company too...

No comments:

Post a Comment