Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Goin Fishin'

Every one should go fishing once in a while.

Don't get me wrong.
I don't particularly like to fish.
To me, they are slimy and stinky, and I most certainly would never touch one!

Ewww! *Shutter*

 But I like to go fishing.

You may be asking, why in the world I would propose such nonsense.
Its simple really.

Because, you might just be needin  a little sumpin-sumpin like this...


Look...no rush, no, stress, no time really...

You may want to go sit in a boat, or on the shores of a lake, reservoir, stream, or even go so far as to do as "Simple Simon" and get your mother's pail.

I always take a camera and book, lots of water and some snacks when I go fishing...and then I kick back and just Be. I be, calm and unhurried. I be, resting and rejuvenating. I just be...

There is just something, so soothing, about the sounds of water. The rhythm of the gentle lapping on the shores, the gurgling as it rushes over rock's, or mummers as it ambles lazily along.

The great thing about Goin' fishin' is that you may decide you would rather spread out a blanket in the shade and take a nap, or go for a stroll along a mountain path, or a plethora of other things that just help you unwind...

Honey and I are taking a few days and Goin' Fishin'...


Smile and remember;
We're fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment