Monday, June 7, 2010

Lookin' up

When I first started going for walks I admit that I kept my eyes on the sidewalk or road right in front of me. I thought I needed to watch my step so I wouldn't trip and fall, or step off the walk way and twist my ankle or some such graceful thing along those lines.
And heaven forbid someone should see it happen!!

Come on...it has happened before...whats to stop it from happening again?!?

But after a while I found that I was missing so much because I was afraid to take the chance to look up.
At first it was a little weird because I couldn't walk straight and kept bumping into my daughter walking next to me and we'd laugh.
A lot.

But persistence eventually paid off as my gaze lifted off the immediate perceived dangers that I *might* face...
First to the lawns and flower beds, gardens and front porches.
Next I was looking at tree's and clothes lines, roof lines and mountains. 
Finally my gaze was fixed on the skies!!


My walks around town are a lot like the walks through my days.
If I spend to much time focusing on the things I think might or might not happen, chances are they probably will.

So please...take the time to lift your thoughts as well as your eye's...

You wont regret it!!

Smile and remember;
We're fool's whether we dance or not. So we might as well dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment