Monday, August 10, 2009

Going for a ride

this past Saturday found Honey and I with some time to do something out of the ordinary...we had planned on doing yard work, but it was to cold and looked like it might rain.
So we did the only logical thing....


When for a ride.



We went West to a little town that neither of us had visited before-we are planning to go back because it had some very interesting things to see...



Then we went North and found this...a stones throw off the highway.









I have become a collector of "things"...I decorate in what I call "Scanda-who-vian Eclectic". That boils down to the fact that I'm of Scandinavian decent and most of the people in the town where I was born and raised-and now have moved back to-are also of Scandinavian decent...so when some Scandinavian is getting rid of something I think is of worth I go "clect-it"...
I know you are wondering where this is leading...
It's leading to this...
I thought this was an interesting collection and display idea...No I'm not planning to start clecting tractors, but I thought it made a nice memory.




After our little jaunt to the North we came home and got ready to head South to see some of our Grand Children who were "in town" for the week end...And were treated to see this big full rainbow on the way...


Some times the day you have planned gets scrapped in favor of unplanned things and I'm so glad Honey and I took our day to explore local places that we had never been to before or hadn't been to in a long time...
Some times we just need to get in the car and go for a ride...
Remember;
We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.
Encourage each other!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment